Monday, January 18, 2016

Sandhill Cranes at Whitewater Draw



This year I had a show in early January and no time yet to see the wintering cranes around Willcox Playa and Whitewater Draw close to Tombstone.


So I revived my memories by looking through slides and photos from previous years. The result are my first watercolors of 2016


Cranes taking flight into the morning sun. The spray of drops and the edges of the birds' wings catch the light. Otherwise the birds are blue shadows against the warm colors of the reflections on the shallow water that hardly covers fields of old cornstalks.

In the evening, a pair of Sandhill Cranes against a hillside rich with the jewel tones of sunset and deep blue shadows.

Prints and Originals are available. For prices see my Watercolor blog

No comments:

Post a Comment